Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Fulfillment team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class fulfillment network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- You will develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunity to improve the Warehousing productivity.
- You will command a strong senior presence and build a large team of high-performing, diverse & dynamic team consisting of Operations Managers, supervisors and fulfillment center staff
- Drive creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the fulfillment center to meet and exceed business plans
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company- wide, including transportation, data integration, warehousing, inventory planning, engineering and others to coordinate cross functional projects
- Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and technology which make our teams more efficient and effective
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through
- You’ll establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to senior management and leadership
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance and customer experience of the fulfillment center operations
What You'll Need
- Experience with complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects (lean or six sigma experience highly valued) including process mapping and process re-design
- 7+ years of e-commerce, supply chain, operations, or logistics experience
- Strong process, manufacturing, or engineering background with an ability to understand work flow and throughput in the operation.
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan. Able to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- Able to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize projects to delegate tasks appropriately
- Demonstrated leadership in building a culture of Continuous Improvement for process and operation
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Technologically savvy, collaborative confident leader, familiarity with google suite products a plus
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Six Sigma/lean background a plus
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.