Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Software Engineer Manager, Engineering Productivity
At Wayfair, the Development Platform Test Enablement group is reducing the friction of automated testing across the Engineering organization by building tooling, scaling test infrastructure and environments, and optimizing test platforms. We believe that by providing a platform for engineering teams to quickly and easily write tests, execute them, and receive the feedback they need, that the whole organization can move faster and deliver higher quality products backed by well-written code. If you’re excited about solving complex problems and enabling software engineers to work at extremely high levels of scale, then we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Manage a multidisciplinary team of engineers focused on building internal and open source tools to improve developer velocity, DB migrations, data validation, and create portable, customized environments for testing and local development
- Provide career and professional development for your staff
- Help drive design, development, and implementation of new tooling, frameworks, and infrastructure that reduce the friction for automated testing at Wayfair, with a specific focus on the intersection of test automation and data stores
- Assist in the architecture and writing of robust, well-tested code for major team initiatives
- Conduct test strategy discussions with teams and help implement solutions
- Educate, mentor, and help provide a delightful automated testing experience for engineers across the organization
- Guide team strategy discussions, roadmap definition, and sprint planning
- Participate in design and architecture discussions
- Peer review code for quality and testability
- Create educational content, including sample code, workshops, video tutorials, and documentation
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years managing engineering teams (5 or more a plus)
- Software Development Best Practices
- SOLID, GRASP, YAGNI, TDD, etc
- Strong Familiarity with SQL databases, specifically SQL Server
- NoSQL / Graph database experience is a plus.
- Development experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks and experience in Test Authoring
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or working on DevOps teams
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.