Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Leadership Development Manager
*Who We Are: *
We’re a team of learning rock stars on a mission to grow our business, and we are looking for the best thinkers, speakers, relationship-builders, and trainers out there to join us. The Process and Learning group focuses on driving the culture of safety, standardization, and development of Wayfair’s Supply Chain Network to create the foundation to enable future growth for our business and our people. We are culture evangelists throughout our entire logistics network.
What You Will Do:
You’re a capable self-starter who’s ready to roll up your sleeves to design and deliver best-in-class training programs for our supply chain organization. You are a collaborative team player who supports the overall growth of supply chain leadership through onboarding, job-specific skill training, and continuous leadership development.
- Develop and implement a leadership development strategy to support the full employee lifecycle for managers across 50+ supply chain locations.
- Provide direction across the team on the curation, design, and implementation of new and existing resources to support the continued career growth of 5000+ supply chain employees.
- Conducts needs analysis to identify learning gaps, develop engaging training content to fill organizational needs.
- Serve as a leadership training expert and resource for field and corporate partners. Provide insightful feedback on content, proposals, and process. Effectively communicate with executive leadership across multiple functions.
- Directly support the cross-training of field-based training facilitators and operations leaders to scale programming.
- Partner with Operations and Talent Management stakeholders to prioritize and execute upon training roadmap initiatives; regularly solicit stakeholder feedback on the direction of training related initiatives.
- Partner with peers and other learning departments to ensure a shared leadership language across the company, curating and leveraging existing content to provide an operations-tailored approach to company-wide materials.
- Identify, drive, and measure key initiatives to ensure successful implementation and training efficacy.
- Travel ~25% of time is anticipated
Traits and skills:
- Natural-born communicator – you are approachable, confident and enthusiastic. You communicate (both verbal and written) detailed processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels
- Experienced leader- your proven experience as an effective manager provides you with a foundation to manage a team, and to train new leaders on our core values and leadership characteristics.
- Google Suite & Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?” when you’re working in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Detail-oriented and organized – you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s.” While training, they are able to maintain focus and patience with trainees
- Flexible and quick on your feet – you are comfortable answering questions or always finding out. You respond to change in a positive manner
- Self-starter – you set goals and go after them passionately
- Rapid decision-maker – you have no problem making decisions quickly and confidently
- Analytical thinker – you’re good with numbers, which might be why you’re always the one to split the bill at dinner
- Execution – you have a strong ability to make a plan come to life with a creative approach quickly
- Secret design guru – you spend as much time agonizing about the font for your next project as you do working on the project itself
- Warehousing/Logistics Operations experience
- Analytics experience (basic Excel reporting and analysis)
- Articulate or Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Photoshop
- SQL or other database querying experience
Project management skills
Organizational development knowledge
College degree from an accredited university
Who We Are (Company):
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.