Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Supply Chain Training Manager
*Who we are: *
We are the front-line leaders in the new Wayfair Global Supply Chain Workforce Support Network. We are positioned forward at all the network locations providing direct training & development support to our Supply Chain teams. We bring network-wide resources along with realistic and challenging training initiatives to optimize performance, employee engagement, and professional development for associates and leaders. We are culture evangelists throughout our entire Supply Chain network.
We are looking for a proven leader to influence cross-functional teams responsible for development, standard work, and championing the Wayfair culture, both locally and throughout the Wayfair network. The candidate must be a collaborative problem solver, strategic planner, who can build & manage high performing teams in a fast-paced, rapidly challenging and fluid environment. Up to 50% travel.
What you will do:
- Drive Wayfair culture through continuous learning, growth, and excellence within the fulfillment centers.
- Lead and execute all training functions within our fulfillment center operations.
- Analyze the sites Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to identify opportunities, create a training plan, develop new content as necessary, and lead your team to successful execution.
- Strategic Stakeholder management to keep network initiatives aligned with local sites operational & training needs.
- Facilitate orientation, onboarding, and process implementation to lead new team members to optimal performance in accordance with network standards.
- Administering & facilitating leadership development audience ranging from frontline supervisors to director level leadership.
- Lead initial certification training, re-evaluations and sustainment training efforts in a fulfillment center with up to 600 employees utilizing classroom, on-the-job training, and virtual training methods.
- Measure and evaluate pre & post-learning objectives for all operational and safety training, advising leadership and creating corrective action plans.
- Measure local and regional training participation, compliance, and accuracy; reporting on findings with a proposal of a plan to reach goals.
- This is a new role, there is potential to lead a site based team with regional integration – up to 50% travel .
What you will need:
- 5+ years experience in a leadership position - possess highly effective communication skills to coach and teach – you must be approachable, hard-working and enthusiastic.
- You must communicate (both verbally and written) detailed processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels.
- Proven experience teaching a variety of tasks in supply chain logistics, operations, or education – you must have a strong ability to create, organize and execute a plan with a collaborative and creative approach.
- Demonstrated integration skills in a challenging environment - to bring multiple goals together to create focused and synchronized training strategy utilizing field based and content design teams.
- 5+ years experience developing, resourcing, and facilitating training - you must be able to plan, organize and adapt resources to meet training requirements & audience.
- Proven ability to anticipate challenges and be decisive - you always get in front of issues, mitigate risk and have no problem making decisions quickly in support of operational requirements.
- Preferred: four-year college degree.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.