Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Supply Chain Regional Training Supervisor
Who We Are:
We are the front-line leaders in the new Wayfair Global Supply Chain Workforce Support Network. We are positioned forward at all the network locations providing direct training & development support to our Supply Chain teams. We bring network-wide resources along with realistic and challenging training initiatives to optimize performance, employee engagement, and professional development for all cross-functional teams. We are culture evangelists throughout our entire Supply Chain network. The candidate must be a collaborative problem solver, strategic planner, and adaptable to a rapidly evolving environment. Up to 75% travel can be expected.
What You Will Do:
- Lead 3-4 week role based onboarding for new Supply Chain leaders.
- Facilitate instructor-led, on-the-job training, and process deployment for managerial, customer service, warehouse, and driver teams during new site launches and site visits inclusive of safety, service, process, technical, and quality learnings.
- Curate and foster strategic partnerships across the Supply Chain Network through varying and consistent streams of connectivity.
- Identify ambiguous process gaps through a consultative approach, innovate training solutions and put together clear action plans, empowering local leadership to sustain operational excellence.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to deploy new technology and process standards, able to provide feedback on process and pivot to increase implementation success.
- Ensure Wayfair culture by ability to solve and escalate to management potential barriers including culture, safety, process or employee concerns to appropriate stakeholders. Construct concise records of work completed. Resolve and report transparently on wins and areas of needed support.
- Analyze training participation & completion data for your region and network, conduct training needs analysis, celebrating wins and creating action plans for improvement.
- Work with our Content Design Team to ensure skills training is current and identify areas where more focused support is required; ability to support content development as needed.
- Promote and encourage professional development, championing company culture while advertising learning offerings.
- We are a hands-on team: 75% of role in training/deployment | 15% operational support | 10% administration
What You Will Need:
- Natural born communicator – you are approachable, confident and enthusiastic. You communicate (both verbal and written) detail processes in a simple and concise manner making information easy to understand and engaging at all levels, ensuring effective stakeholder management.
- Facilitation maestro – you thrive in an environment where you are able to sculpt and deliver an ever growing range of training solutions. Whether it be in person or in a virtual environment, you are always engaging your unique audience.
- Google Suite & Microsoft Office Expert – you’re always being asked, “How did you do that?”
- Detail-oriented and organized – you have an eye for detail and remember to cross your “T’s” and dot your “I’s.” Project management is second nature. While training, you are able to maintain focus and patience with all trainees.
- Self starter & Execution– you independently operate, actively prioritize and passionately flex to change. You are able to determine what is mission critical versus mission optional when setting goals, delivering timely results.
- Warehousing/ Supply Chain/ Logistics Operations
- Project Management
- Organizational Development and Adult Learning
- BA or BS Degree in relevant field from an accredited university
Who We Are:
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.