Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Category Manager - German Markets
Who We Are:
Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes and our team is tasked with building a best-in-class bathroom eCommerce business across our German markets. Externally, we manage supplier relationships, partnering to build e-commerce strategies with industry leading manufacturers and supporting them in their execution. Internally, we work closely with our operations team (supply chain, logistics, automation etc), and additionally steer high-level strategy with our Buying, Merchandising, Pricing and Marketing teams, to drive results for our categories and suppliers.
We are looking for a London based Senior Category Manager to help us profitably build and grow our German and European bathroom business. You will be expected to define overarching goals and strategy for your category, problem-solve, articulate and execute against tactical plans, and manage key business metrics. Category Managers must be able to expertly negotiate internally and externally, while also being effective cross-functional project managers.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage category strategy in alignment with Wayfair business goals
- Manage a portfolio of German based suppliers within the category, driving supplier development by setting strategic goals, negotiating business terms and reviewing performance
- Analyse supplier and category performance to determine tactical next steps and strategic vision
- Negotiate frequently with existing suppliers to optimise performance and cost base, including everyday pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Be a senior internal and external escalation point, often involving negotiations with C-suite members from our external partners
- Identify sales, merchandising, and operational opportunities for the category and collaborate with internal teams to drive change
- Collaborate across departments to drive category goals, including Supply-Chain, Merchandising, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service and Business Intelligence
What You'll Need
- Bilingual level German and English language skills required; additional European languages are a plus
- Graduate degree in a STEM or Business related discipline
- A track record of success in developing relationships with stakeholders, working collaboratively and negotiating to drive multi-departmental projects.
- Analytical mindset and data-driven approach: demonstrated experience working with complex data to develop robust commercial recommendations
- Demonstrated success in building business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of leading successful commercial negotiations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; English and German required
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint expertise
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Innovative problem-solving skills; dissecting and determining the root causes of problems and implementing solutions
- Experience in an eCommerce or management consulting environment is advantageous
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.