Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Category Manager - Italian Markets
Who We Are
Our Category Management team works closely with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance the commercial agenda for the Italian markets portfolio as well as managing further verticals; France and Iberia. Category Management works closely with our Operations teams (supply chain, logistics, inventory planning, etc) to drive the wider commercial agenda for this portfolio.
Wayfair is looking for an experienced Category Manager who will develop and drive the strategy for our Italian supplier base. This includes negotiating favorable business terms, driving improved product economics, developing proposals for promotions, improving on-site merchandising, developing and managing supplier relationships and owning the business/ financial analytics with our suppliers.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute the commercial strategy for a large portfolio of Italian suppliers
- Plan and execute promotions and marketing programs with your suppliers
- Advance catalogue expansion, including the identification of selection gaps and the prioritisation of product additions
- Identify merchandising opportunities for your supplier portfolio and collaborate with central merchandising to prioritise requirements
- Analyse financial, merchandising, pricing and operational metrics to drive profit growth for both individual suppliers and overall portfolio
- Execute commercial negotiations with new and existing suppliers (including everyday pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions)
- Travel to trade shows ( circa 2 trips per year) and attend on-site visits for key suppliers
- Analyse competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes and product scouting as needed
What You'll Need
- Bilingual level Italian and English language skills; additional European languages are a plus
- Graduate degree in a STEM or Business related discipline
- Strong strategic thinking skills coupled with the proven ability to translate strategy into actionable outcomes
- Analytical mindset and data-driven approach: demonstrated experience working with complex data to develop robust commercial recommendations
- Demonstrated success in building business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Track record of leading successful commercial negotiations
- Articulate, persuasive and personable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven problem-solving skills: ability to dissect and determine root cause of problems and implement solutions
- Experience in an eCommerce or management consulting environment is advantageous
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.