Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Software Engineer, Engineering Productivity
At Wayfair, the Test Enablement group is reducing the friction of automated testing across the organization by focusing on building tooling, scaling test infrastructure and environments, and optimizing test platforms. We believe that by providing a platform for engineering teams enabling them to develop, test, and receive feedback quickly and seamlessly the whole organization can move faster and deliver higher quality products backed by well written code. If you’re excited about enabling software engineers working at extremely high levels of scale we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Design and build new tooling, frameworks, and infrastructure that reduce the friction for automated testing at Wayfair
- Architect and write robust, well tested code for major team initiatives
- Implement and Improve CI (Continuous Integration) tooling platform used across entire organization
- Develop, Stand up, and configure on demand, cloud based Dev/Test Environments
- Conduct Test Strategy and Development Best Practice Discussions with teams and help implement solutions
- Participate in team strategy, roadmap definition, and sprint planning
- Participate in design and architecture discussions
- Educate, Mentor, and help provide a delightful development experience for all of Wayfair’s engineers
- Peer Review Code for quality and testability
- Create educational content, including sample code, workshops, video tutorials, and documentation
- Comfortable using and instructing use of multiple tools and services team provides
What You'll Need:
- Software Development Best Practices
- Development experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks and experience in Test Authoring
- Proven experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or working on DevOps teams
- Familiarity with building and operating Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.