Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
*To recognize the essential role of our Warehouse team, we are offering an additional $4 per hour now through June 20, 2020. Follow this link for more information on the steps we’re taking to keep our employees and community safe during the evolving COVID-19 situation. *
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Operate Order Picker (Cherry Picker), Reach Trucks, Forklifts, Electric Palette Jacks, Clamp Trucks and other industrial equipment
- Utilize the Order Pickers, Reach Trucks, and Scanning equipment technology to locate and pick orders through the Warehouse Management System
- Proactively monitor order management systems to ensure that all orders have been received properly and that detailed descriptions are provided for any Overage/Shortage/Damage issues
- Accurately identifying units for storage or shipment
- Use equipment to move product and put away in proper locations (specific to Forklift drivers, Electric Palette Jacks & Clamp Operators)
- Be a vocal contributor on the team
- Work effectively with peers and managers
- Identify the most efficient way to complete assigned tasks and asks clarifying questions when appropriate
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What You'll Need
- 6 months’+ cherry picker forklift experience
- 6 months’+ reach truck forklift experience
- Must be able to work on warehouse floor at least 8 hours a day or more
- Strong, consistent work ethic
- Comfort with scanning technology
- Experience in Distribution or Logistics is a plus
- Experience working in High Jump is a plus
- Able to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you.
- Must be comfortable repeatedly lifting up to 75 pounds unassisted and maneuvering product 150+ pounds unassisted or via team lift.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.