Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
PR Manager - 18 Month Contract (m/f/x)
About the Team
Our European PR team works closely with teams across our business to ensure our messaging stands out in a jam-packed market and connects us with our customers and stakeholders. Our omni-channel campaigns tell a compelling, authentic story that elevates our brand.
Bringing strategic vision and creative flair to structure and process excites us. In our world, we manage the balance of the news cycle, people, process and data to shape the narrative, create media worthy initiatives and get great results for our stakeholders and our customers.
From overseeing consumer, corporate, technology and CSR awareness strategy for Wayfair’s European brand to collaborating with cross-functional partners across the Marketing, Promotions, Category Management and Creative teams – it is all in our remit. By joining our team, you will help to shape the European strategic PR activities, understand which areas to focus on and how our activities are impacting our customers and brand.
What You'll Do
- Build excellent relationships with media, influencer's and key industry partners, helping to drive high-impact coverage with an emphasis on feature placements in consumer media
- Develop and execute high reach influencer campaigns in Germany
- Manage media relations events
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to support corporate and consumer communication efforts
- Contribute written content for internal and external communications (press releases, media pitches, feature content etc)
- Drive media coverage and secure thought leadership opportunities, coordinating Executive level media interviews
- Manage awards and speaking opportunities to support key areas of the business
- Deliver monthly and quarterly reporting and media monitoring
What You'll Need
- BA/BS in Journalism, English/German, Communications or related fields
- Significant experience in public relations/media relations
- Fluent German and English written and oral communication skills
- Proven results pitching to media and securing coverage in relevant outlets
- Demonstrated ability to craft timely media pitches based on trends and breaking news
- Obsessed with quality; data-driven with experience in media tracking and campaign measurement
- Existing press network within consumer (especially Shelter), technology and business press preferred
- Critical thinker who is flexible and open to change and new information
- Organisational skills with keen attention to detail
- A team player with a positive, people-oriented attitude
- Language-skills in Polish, Spanish, Italian or French are a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.