Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy & Operations
Our Marketing team drives growth for Wayfair on every major advertising platform. We aren’t your standard marketers: we own the strategy, P&L, and product roadmaps for our portfolio of bleeding-edge and in-house-built marketing and AdTech products. We leverage them to acquire high potential customers and engage them to come back again and again. We have petabytes of first and third party data at our fingertips; what makes us successful is using that data to build algorithms and automated solutions to take our “Zillions thing home” offering and personalize it to each and every customer.
*What You'll Do *
As a member of our Marketing Strategy & Operations team, you’ll use your analytical and problem solving skills to find new ways to improve and grow our business. Your work will be highly visible and cross-functional; you will regularly engage directly with senior leaders in Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Data Science and Technology. You’ll analyze business trends; refine how we set advertising spend and ROI targets; evaluate new and emerging marketing opportunities; and help drive overall accountability by playing a key role in our overall performance management strategy.
*Key responsibilities include: *
- Serve as an expert on overall marketing performance and strategy for Wayfair.com and our family of brands (including Perigold, our luxury brand);
- Lead a team who owns business, spend, and cost reporting for over $1B in annual spend;
- Conduct root cause analyses and leverage cross-team partnerships to quickly identify performance issues and recommended actions that our marketers to execute against;
- Own and project manage quarterly and annual roadmap and performance tracking processes;
- Lead communications for 200+ person department
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years’ experience in consulting, investment banking, and/or corporate strategy with a heavy analytical emphasis and advanced Excel skills; MBA preferred with 1+ years of post-MBA experience
- Comfortable in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive
- Senior presence, ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan with senior leaders
- “Get stuff done” attitude – Able to roll up your sleeves and take on whatever comes your way
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- 1+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling teams
*About Us *
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.