Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered for the range of PM roles we have at Wayfair. If we think you might be a fit, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your background and discuss relevant positions in more detail.
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product teams ensure that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Our Product organization includes a variety of teams solving interesting problems:
- Storefront, our consumer-facing Product team, is tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space.
- Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence (ATCI) builds products that let Wayfair communicate with new and existing customers effectively across advertising, email, and onsite touchpoints. This team is at the intersection of product, marketing, data science, and technology which allows us to be a leader in the Ad Technology space.
- Our Supply Chain product team ensures the right products are in stock, in the right places, at the right time, with the right cost profile to enable valuable delivery experiences for our customers, and differentiated value for our suppliers and carriers. We power availability, speed, and cost reduction across the value chain, from forecast to home delivery and post-delivery services.
- Our Operations Product teams drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. These teams create new and innovative services for customers and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth.
Across all product teams we have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. We’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
What You’ll Do:
- As the owner of your product(s), you’ll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. If you’re doing it right, you’re also having a ton of fun and learning every day
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers
- Measure the impact of your initiatives and report performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
What You’ll Need:
- You have a track-record of shipping software products in an agile development environment, ideally with exposure to a relevant product area (eCommerce or B2C; SaaS platforms; API experience) or relevant practical experience in an analytical role
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for building functional and engaging user experiences with a strong customer-centric focus
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Ample experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiating priorities
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.