Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Principal Engineer, Supply Chain
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Castlegate is our proprietary fulfillment and logistics platform, offering inbound logistics solutions via Ocean, Dray and Asia Consolidation services. This platform helps our suppliers manage inventory starting at their origin in factories in Asia and ensures that products are positioned in the right warehouses worldwise to allow for same, next and 2 day deliveries. We are looking for a seasoned technical engineering leader to join our Castlegate Software team and work on platforms across our International Supply Chain and Castlegate Portal teams. You will be responsible for understanding our current architecture and driving our product and engineering teams forward with platform enhancements. Your work will improve the experience of our over 12,000 suppliers both within the US and internationally. This role offers significant technical and analytical opportunities with enormous potential for business impact.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a technical leader and drive the future roadmap of Castlegate software platforms
- Collaborate with stakeholders across product and engineering to understand pain points and drive initiatives forward
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to junior engineers and help develop their skills while assisting them on a variety of projects
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives and develop near term goals and strategic vision
- Drive software development initiatives and API development supporting application use of the platform throughout the organization
- Show a passion for innovation and results
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Hands-on experience driving software developments within high-growth environments at scale
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis- driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence decisions
- Experience with Kubernetes, Python, containerization and microservices preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.