Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Security Engineer
Wayfair is the online leader for home furnishings and decor. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more.
Who We Are
The Infrastructure and Cloud Security Team is responsible for protecting Wayfair’s production systems wherever they may live. We constantly seek innovative and automated ways to implement security throughout the Wayfair environment. We also thrive on generating and enriching security data for incident responders so they are well informed about the threats we face.
We are looking to bring on an experienced Senior Security Engineer who can help us prototype and build core pieces of security infrastructure. This person should have extensive experience in and a well-rounded knowledge of applying security engineering principles in a large and technologically diverse enterprise environment.
What You’ll Do
- Design, prototype, and implement security solutions that solve challenges relating to PKI compliance, authentication/authorization, and encryption key management.
- Architect low cost, efficient, and scalable security solutions across our cloud and on-premise data center environment.
- Solve security problems through tactical synthesis of core infrastructure, code, and automation.
- Serve as go-to security advisor to various engineering teams across the company.
- Respond to and troubleshoot relevant security incidents within Wayfair’s infrastructure.
- Be a valuable senior member with a willingness to provide hands-on technical and operational guidance to junior engineers.
- Perform code reviews to ensure they are up to Wayfair security standards
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills in optimizing technical solutions and prioritization across competing business needs.
What You Have
- 5+ years of experience in a security or information technology related field
- A deep understanding of security engineering principles and best practices relating to PKI compliance, network/systems security, encryption and identity access management.
- The ability to solve security problems with multiple solutions and thoroughly explain the risks and tradeoffs of each.
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols such as OAuth2, OpenID, x.509, TLS, TCP/IP, SSH, and SAML
- Fundamental understanding of security regulations such as PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, and GDPR.
- Strong knowledge of both Windows and Linux system administration principles.
- Experience deploying security solutions within cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with containers and orchestration technology such as Docker and Kubernetes, and the ability to apply that knowledge when designing security solutions.
- Working knowledge of Python, Java, C# or other object oriented programming languages, and how this code impacts the security of systems.
- Ability to collaborate and employ active listening techniques to recommend best security practices with regard to functional requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or a related degree is required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.