Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Head of Catalog Engineering, Applications
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Catalog Engineering is responsible for creating and developing the backend suite of tools and processes to manage our product catalog of over 18+ million products across the US, UK and Canada. These tools are used by our Merchandising Engineering, Virtual Media, Pricing and Profitability Development groups. We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to oversee our Applications division and drive the development of applications used by our suppliers and internal teams. You will be accountable for growing and leading high performance engineering teams to help deliver on the success of the business. Your work will reach users across product, engineering and marketing, ultimately creating a best-in-class experience for our end customers. In this highly strategic role, you will partner closely with internal stakeholders across the business including marketing, product, and executive leadership. This role presents significant technical, analytical, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact.
What You'll Do:
- Create best-in-class applications to be used by stakeholders within the organization to help drive strategic business goals
- Lead, develop and mentor a cross-functional engineering team of 100+ across all levels of seniority
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to others within our technology organization, specifically around optimization, process definition, and execution
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives and develop near term goals and strategic vision
- Execute on new ideas that have an outsized, significant and lasting impact
- Show a passion for innovation and results
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering leadership, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have built applications within large companies)
- Strong history of building and transforming engineering teams that can innovate rapidly and scale with the business
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and desire to build in rapidly changing environments
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis- driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated experience navigating a complex organization and generating buy-in for plans
- Experience with high-growth environments at scale
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.