Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Design Manager (m/f/x)
Who We Are :
We're looking for a talented leader to join our European Creative Team. We are the designers, copywriters, and project managers responsible for every piece of collateral for the European business. We partner closely with all areas of the business to bring the Wayfair brand to life across email, print, social, OOH, TV, and much more! We are conceptual thinkers who take a data driven approach to every piece of our workflow.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and strategic design leader to drive high-profile creative strategy and forge trusted relationships with key stakeholders, all while guiding a super-talented team of creatives.The role requires someone who is a creative visionary, collaborative partner to cross-functional leaders and a strong 'manager-doer'.
What you'll do
- Manage, lead, and inspire a team of 4 designers of varying levels.
- Develop and maintain the brand’s design standards to drive brand consistency and evolution in partnership with EU Creative leaders.
- Review and thoughtfully critique your team’s work, providing actionable feedback and helpful suggestions.
- Manage aggressive deadlines and direct an even workload distribution across your team.
- Maintain seamless communication with partners on other teams, effectively translating creative strategy when required.
- Analyze performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights!), and use that information to guide creative decisions and suggest testing plans.
- Provide innovative creative solutions that both elevate the brand and engage customers.
- Think critically to drive efficiency, strategically planning work that can be used across multiple channels and media.
- Communicate seamlessly with senior cross-functional partners
What you'll need
- Extensive visual and graphic design experience, preferably from an agency or e-commerce brand
- People management experience, including direct staff coaching and development
- Excellent visual and graphic design composition skills, including experience in print and web design
- Passion for the home space and e-commerce
- Collaborative, energetic attitude and an ability to inspire a culture of positivism
- Demonstrated ability to solve business problems in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.