Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior App Infrastructure Engineer
Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case – it’s visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like they’ve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we’re the team that makes that happen.
We are the App Platforms Infrastructure team and we work with engineering teams to enable and automate efficient integration, validation, and delivery of iOS and Android applications to millions of users. Our mission is to empower Wayfair app development teams and increase developer velocity by providing scalable CI/CD tooling and infrastructure. We aim to continuously improve the efficiency of our mobile CI/CD pipelines at scale and developers' productivity via innovation on tooling and processes. We have empathy for developers, passion for engineering productivity and experience in delivering scalable solutions. We find this work challenging and fun.
What will your role be?
- Build, improve and maintain our mobile app CI/CD tooling/pipelines, utilizing virtualized cloud infrastructures
- Innovate at a high pace to support app development by a team of 150+ contributors and growing
- Work collaboratively in an agile and CI/CD environment
- Evangelize CI/CD best practices and principles
- Track and monitor Infrastructure specific services and CI/CD pipelines, and ensure their performance and SLAs
What we will be looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience
- Experience with CI/CD principles, architecture, and operations
- Experience with Linux, MacOs, and scripting
- Proficiency in developing CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Buildkite or similar, with collaboration tools such as Git, Jira, etc.
- Proficient with at least one high-level programming language (Java, Swift, Python, Go, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of iOS and Android build systems
- Experience in automating, operating and monitoring cloud-based production infrastructures - experience with macOS cloud infrastructure is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.