Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Email Marketing, Post Order Communications
Manager, Email Marketing, Post-Order Transactional Communications
The email marketing team is responsible for driving customer retention and activation with the goal of maximizing customer lifetime value for our existing customers. Leveraging advanced machine learning models, deployed through our proprietary email platform, we partner with a multitude of cross-functional partners to deepen our relationship with our existing customers. We partner closely with data science, engineering, promotions, and creative teams to inspire, engage, and delight our customers with a world-class email experience.
*What You'll Do *
- Work closely with product and engineering leads across Marketing and Customer Assurance to ensure we are bringing our full set of in-house, best-in-class email platform capabilities to the full set of our post-order transactional communications
- Define an A/B testing roadmap that thoughtfully coordinates transactional communications (e.g., Order Confirmation and Ship Confirmations) with existing email marketing campaigns
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership across Marketing, Supply Chain, and Customer Service, and Storefront to define how we should be measuring the P&L impact/efficacy of our post-order communications experience (vs. exclusively focusing on revenue or cost individually)
- Own and drive the the long term roadmap to integrate additional one-way communication channels (e.g., text/SMS) into the experience
- Leverage deep analytics to root cause trends and develop strategic, data driven solutions to complex business problems
*What You'll Need *
- No need for prior email marketing knowledge - we'll teach you everything you need to know
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing, data science, management consulting, finance, and/or corporate strategy with a heavy analytical emphasis
- Proven record of high performance/achievement and driving impact; able to pivot quickly and deliver against daring targets & goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Strategic thinker with a customer-first mindset; a desire for creative problem solving; demonstrated team player
- Persuasive and articulate with excellent relationship-building skills; able to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Self-starter with an ownership mindset, relentless drive to execute and take calculated risks to drive growth
- Basic Proficiency in analytical tools such as SQL
- Proficiency in R, Python a plus
- Senior presence; ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.