Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Associate Director - Industrial Real Estate
Wayfair’s logistics network is one of the fastest scaling parts of our $9B revenue run rate business. Our captive distribution network focuses on items that have been historically challenging for third-party logistics providers to handle such as sofas, mattresses, and hot tubs. To ensure customers receive their purchases in a timely fashion we, as an organization, must think critically about where and how we are putting the cornerstones to our supply chain, our warehouses. Our industrial real estate team is responsible for delivering space to match or exceed our annual growth. With ~18M square feet of warehouse space under contract in North America and Europe we are creating a strategic and programmatic approach to double that footprint in the coming years.
As a member of the Industrial Real Estate team, the Associate Director - Industrial Real Estate, Fulfillment Centers will own and manage a portfolio of leased locations, defining and driving the multi-year strategy as well as managing the tactical execution of transactions on the roadmap. This professional will own all transactions end-to-end, partner with the Supply Chain teams to align the portfolio with the strategic business needs, drive alignment for real estate activity from multiple stakeholders within the company and develop and maintain relationships with our landlords. This professional will report directly to the Head of Industrial Real Estate.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Supply Chain Analytics and Supply Chain Operations to define the multi-year strategic plan for the fulfillment center portfolio
- Own transactions end-to-end across North America, Europe and Asia; negotiate leases and build-to-suit deals with 3rd party owners and developers as well as conduct the internal process for site selection and deal approval, identifying all needed inputs and gaining support from key stakeholders across the company
- Partner with the Industrial Delivery (construction) team to execute an end-to-end leasing and launch process for new locations.
- Build relationships with developers, landlords, brokers and related internal and external stakeholders
- Leverage industry relationships to create and drive a programmatic development plan
- Define and track key metrics for measuring success, assisting budgeting and forecasting activities, and internal stakeholder reporting
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of business experience including direct negotiation and contracting experience, experience in real estate investing or management preferred
- Strong financial acumen
- Successful track record of managing external partners and multifunctional teams
- Senior presence, able to work side-by-side with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve targets
- Moderate travel as needed to visit sites and partners
- International experience (Asia and Western Europe) a plus
** About Us**
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.