Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes
Senior Software Engineer, Compiled Languages
Our goal is to make software development at Wayfair a delightful experience! As a Senior Software Engineer you will be part of a team who daily impacts more than 2000 software engineers company-wide. The Platform Engineering team builds tools to help maintain efficiencies across the software organization; maintaining positive working relationships with dozens of engineering teams. Our goal is to build tools, systems, and automation to eliminate toil, make quality the default, and scale development activities to keep pace with our rapidly growing teams across the Engineering department.
You will be helping build a team of Platform Engineers to support our C# and Java teams here at Wayfair. Your expertise in these areas and testing around it, will directly influence team strategy and adoption. We encourage experimentation in our tech teams and want to provide tools that solve problems. You can expect to meet with, strategize, and execute on embedded projects with teams to improve their patterns and practices, across our engineering departments.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect and write robust, well tested code for major team initiatives using .Net, Java, Bash, SQL, etc.
- Design scalable systems using C#, F#, Java, Kubernetes, Kafka, Hadoop, Mssql, and other technologies
- Design and build new tooling, frameworks, and infrastructure that reduce the friction for automated testing at Wayfair
- Educate, mentor, and help provide support to the .Net & Java engineering community
- Advocate for and evangelize test across a variety of different engineering teams and work cultures
- Create a culture of collaboration with key stakeholders and service providers. Assists in keeping the team’s knowledge of our technology landscape current
- Collaborate with Engineering Leaders to create and update project plans, coordinate efforts and resources on projects, as necessary.
- Experience providing feedback from the engineering organization to our team on the pain points of existing solutions
What You’ll Need:
- Proven expertise in one or both .Net or Java and are open to learning multiple programming languages
- 3+ years of Software Development experience in enterprise level organizations
- Strong track record of delivering high-value engineering projects
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals
- Ability to build tools and enable the workflows of other developers
- Communication skills and experience with engineering and business stakeholders
Experience with most of the following would also be a plus:
- Building web applications on Docker & Kubernetes
- Kafka, Hadoop and Airflow or similar open source technologies
- CI/CD tooling and pipelines
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair at a glance
Wayfair focuses on E-Commerce, Home & Garden, Home Decor, and Furniture. Their company has offices in Boston and Berlin. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Wayfair has raised $358M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2014 at a valuation of $2.4B.