Developer Tools For Machine Learning
Sales Engineers play a pivotal role in the sales process of Weights & Biases. As an SE you'll partner with Account Executives, Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to own the technical aspect of the sale, serving as the primary knowledge owner for the field team and demonstrating the value Weights & Biases can provide to the Machine Learning Workflows of potential customers.
Weights & Biases is a series B company with $20 million in funding - it is the time to grow! Our customers range from small startups to enterprise companies including OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute and Qualcomm. As an early member of our new sales team you will have the opportunity to help shape our processes and practices. And as your leadership skills emerge, you will have the opportunity to put them into practice as our team grows in the next couple of years.
Sales Engineers at Weights & Biases will be excited to
- Provide engaging demos of the different solutions W&B offers
- Understand and qualify customer goals to help them get the most out of W&B during trials
- Proactively engage and communicate with potential customers
- Own the technical responses to questions and needs that will drive deals forward
- Technically close complex opportunities through advanced competitive knowledge, technical skill, and credibility
- Be the “go-to” person for competitive and industry knowledge
Additional responsibilities may include
- Ownership of RFPs
- Ensure the success of customer POCs through effective management of success criteria, planning and technical execution
- Working with AEs to complete Security and Procurement requirements
- Create best practices around the pre-sales process
- Provide frontline information to product and marketing to enhance our go-to market messaging
Who we're looking for
- Weights & Biases is at its core a set of tools for Machine Learning developers. As such, our product is technical from both the subject matter side as well as the technology side. W&B SEs are the technical face of the company for prospects and so we look for a very specific set of skills. The ideal candidate meets the needs below, however, reach out if you think you have something else to offer that would “wow” us or fit our needs
- Minimum of 2 years of Sales Engineering experience selling deeply technical enterprise software products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Programming proficiency in Python and eagerness to help customers who are primarily users of Python Deep Learning frameworks be successful
- Experience with data engineering, MLOps and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Background in and passion for Machine Learning
- Proficiency with one or more of the following packages: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, HuggingFace
- Experience with Hyperparameter optimization solutions
Why join us?
- We have an experienced founding team including the founders of CrowdFlower(now Figure Eight) acquired by Appen, a successful startup in the machine learning space
- We are located in the beautiful design district of San Francisco
- We provide great benefits including parental leave and a 401k
- A best-in-class product in one of the fastest-growing and largest market segments
We care about diversity and are seeking people who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Weights & Biases at a glance
Weights & Biases focuses on Information Technology, Information Services, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Weights & Biases has raised $20M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.