Developer Tools For Machine Learning
UI/UX Designer$100k – $150k
At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. We are hiring a designer to be an integral part of the product development process. You will work on a diverse set of problems in a fast-moving environment, designing product features and marketing collateral to delight our users and share our product with more people.
We love building powerful tools together, delighting our users, and supporting the inspiring work of machine learning researchers and engineers.
What you'll achieve
- Develop empathy for users working in machine learning
- Conduct interviews with academics and industry practitioners
- Shadow users in their daily workflows, walking through common problems and pain points
- Explore tactical and open-ended questions with our core base of active users
- Build an intuition around what will make more users excited to try our product
- Work through product problems, from defining opportunities to shipping features
- Communicate your vision with mockups, flow charts, and interactive prototypes
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, in conversation with customers, to validate product decisions
- Participate in design critiques and product feedback meetings
- Balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Partner with developers as they build and ship features
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Craft and maintain beautiful assets for the Weights & Biases brand
- Create marketing content, including landing pages and conference handouts, to showcase our tools
- Mentor your peers in design thinking
- 3+ years-experience in digital user-centered design, and are hands-on from the initial wireframes to developing prototypes and providing final assets
- Proficient in user-centered design methods, storytelling, and detailed interaction design
- Independently lead all aspects of the design process from ideation to deployment
- Enjoy the fast-paced environment of a startup
- Strong working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in web-based technologies such as HTML and CSS
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and communication skills
- We have traction. Researchers at OpenAI, Toyota Research Institute, and other top-tier institutions use our product every day.
- We have extensive experience working with companies to turn machine learning research projects into scalable, real-world deployments. We’ve watched hundreds of teams struggle to deploy machine learning models successfully, and the same problems show up repeatedly. Machine learning has created a fundamentally new kind of programming, requiring a fundamentally new set of developer tools. We created Weights & Biases to provide that missing toolkit.
- We have an experienced founding team including the founders of Figure Eight, a successful startup in the machine learning space.
We care about diversity and are seeking people who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are from an under-represented background, we especially encourage you to apply.
Weights & Biases at a glance
Weights & Biases focuses on Information Technology, Information Services, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Weights & Biases has raised $20M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.