WalletFi is the analytics platform for the subscription economy
Full-Stack Engineer$50k – $90k • 0.1% – 2.0%
WalletFi is seeking a talented Full-Stack Engineer to help build and lead our technology team from the ground up as we create the next generation of analytics and intelligence products for the FinTech industry.
What we do:
WalletFi is the analytics platform for the subscription economy. Through transaction data analysis, we provide insights to community banks, credit unions, neo-banks, FinTech providers, and SMBs that help connect the dots on how we purchase services in the age of the subscription economy. Our services help our customer institutions stay top-of-mind with their account holders and top-of-wallet with their payments.
We are VC backed, post-revenue, and are hungry to grow quickly and build something that has a meaningful impact.
What you do:
Reporting to the CTO, the Full-Stack Engineer will take the lead role in all stages of software development including planning, implementation, testing, documentation, and release. The individual will serve as the top level technical expert on API development projects that will support the development of WalletFi’s mobile and web applications.
- Have a startup mindset and a curiosity for financial technology
- Bring expertise in your field paired with a beginner’s mindset to always challenge your assumptions and learn new technologies, standards, and applications
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, debate and defend technology decisions up and down the stack, clearly research and articulate the pros and cons of available implementation strategies, and report directly to the CTO
- Be responsible for all API development team deliverables including design specifications, system manuals, and unit testing approach and evidence
- Conduct and lead code reviews to ensure clean, high quality code
What you must have:
- Experience architecting service oriented/microservice applications and deploying them with Docker in cloud environments including Heroku and AWS
- Experience optimizing Postgres database design and SQL query performance
- Experience developing internal and external facing APIs, and development of front end web and mobile applications that consume those APIs
- Experience with optimizing secure, high-performance, production applications under significant load
- Experience making technology decisions that weigh product requirements including performance, scalability, security, and manageability
- Excellent working knowledge of Git, CI/CD, TDD, and Agile methodologies
- Ability to thrive in a distributed/remote environment
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a cross functional team
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
What would be nice to have:
- Experience using Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse
- Experience with Service Oriented and Monolithic Architecture
- Experience with Identity Management (authentication and authorization)
- A thorough understanding of security principles, common exploits, and an interest in recent advisories and corresponding mitigation strategies
- Experience in FinTech or early stage startups
- Denver, CO based is preferred, remote will be heavily considered
WalletFi is not accepting applications from 3rd party candidates