Take your photography to the next level
You know what it takes to make a great product. You appreciate the beauty and importance of creativity and community. You like to identify and solve problems and have a track record of influencing both creatives and technologists to execute on a vision. You are personable, understand the languages of the creative and development worlds, and you take care of business.
As a Product Manager at VSCO, you will guide the entire lifecycle of a product line from strategic planning to tactical activities. You will evaluate ideas big and small, then prioritize and own execution from planning to release. You will follow through with quantitative and qualitative measures of success to iteratively reach the goals you set for your team.
- Drive the long term product strategy in your area
- Own the product development lifecycle by establishing a prioritized roadmap with milestones and delivery dates
- Drive the creation of product requirements – help generate feature ideas and facilitate agreements between internal teams, ensuring products are built efficiently
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with company leaders, designers and engineers to deliver products that fit our company goals
- Stay in touch with users to understand what they love or don’t love as our product evolves
- Articulate user stories and business parameters, and identify success metrics for new products on an iterative basis
- BS in related field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience delivering consumer apps, technology and services – ideally shipping products to millions of users
- Passionate about delivering beautifully designed products while developing teams and individuals
- Ability to work in an agile and iterative startup environment
- Proven ability to tell a story with compelling data and use an iterative approach to data collection and management
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative sources to design and validate ideas
- Understanding of UI/UX best practices, including when to follow patterns and when to push boundaries
- Strong technical background and experience working directly with engineers, with a firm grasp on the technical details driving the product
Nice to have
- A personal interest in art and/or photography
- International product experience
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and to share their diverse experiences with one another. Across all products and services, VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their own creativity.
Free delicious lunches daily, amazing snack selections, and the best coffee around. Equity, health, vision, and dental insurance for families, and flexible vacation policy.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At VSCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at VSCO and what we should know about you.
VSCO believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture
VSCO provides a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, disability & life insurance and One Medical membership.
Health & wellbeing
Our team’s health and wellness comes first. We fully cover benefit premiums
Paid family & medical leave
We have supportive leave policies for cases when employees need to take time off to take care of themselves or their family. We offer paid leave after 6 months of tenure (625+ hours).
We offer supportive medical leave options, and paid parental leave so you can take the time you need with your new addition.
VSCO offers an extension on your post-term option exercise period. When an employee works at VSCO for 2 years, they get 2 years to exercise their stock options if they leave the company.
Flexible time off policy
We recognize the need for all of us to take time off and recharge in whatever way works best for you. We have a generous vacation policy, and encourage each other to take breaks so that they come back to work refreshed.
Food & beverage program
We provide breakfast and lunch every day from a local catering company based in Oakland. We also have a wide array and every changing variety of snacks and beverages.
breakfast and lunch
Tech and wellness stipend
We offer a monthly stipend for employees to spend on their tech and wellness needs. This can be used on things like monthly cell & data plan, physical fitness classes, workshops, etc.
a beautiful office to create an environment where you can do your best work.
VSCO® at a glance
VSCO® focuses on Mobile, Internet, Photography, Photo Editing, and Software. Their company has offices in Chicago and Oakland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, VSCO® has raised $90M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2015.