Buy and Sell used Cars Online
Associate Software Engineer in Test
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to ensure software delivery with the highest levels of quality. The role requires not only tactical delivery of QA artifacts using an Agile methodology, but also strong leadership to advocate and implement quality assurance processes across multiple technology efforts. The QA Engineer will proactively and collaboratively take part in all testing related activities and establish partnerships with key stakeholders in the Project Management, Development, DevOps and Product teams to drive overall Quality Assurance from inception to production.
- Full ownership of end-to-end and software component quality testing architecture
- Achieving quality metrics for system and software components
- Championing the development of a comprehensive functional, automation, and performance test strategy
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans
- Maintain existing automated systems
- Proactively seek out problematic tests and stabilize them
- Develop test code
- Front End and/or Back End Testing
- Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of QA experience
- Hands-on with experience developing automated test code; white box testing (e.g. Java, Go, Python, C#)
- Deep knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, etc.) and CI/CD technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Git)
- Knowledge of JIRA and Jenkins
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills including problem solving, prioritizing and interpersonal relationship building
- Proven track record in helping to define testing solutions that enable business objectives
Vroom at a glance
Vroom focuses on E-Commerce, Automotive, Finance Technology, Marketing, and Sales. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and Stafford. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Vroom has raised $721.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.