The first performance training AI for everyone
Senior/Experienced Visual Designer - Marketing$70k – $85k • 0.1% – 0.2%
Volt Athletics is a fast-growing Seattle startup doing some cutting edge things in the sports & fitness technology space. We’ve been featured in Inc Magazine’s list of fastest-growing companies two years in a row and in Washington’s 100 Best Places to Work three years in a row!
We are looking for an experienced Visual Designer to join our Marketing team. You will lead art direction and help drive Volt’s brand vision across our website, content, and print. As the sole in-house creative dedicated to Marketing you will have the opportunity to make a big impact and shape Volt’s brand. You will partner with Marketing and Product Design to evolve the visual strategy and our creative process. This is a unique opportunity to work in both a B2B and B2C in-house design role in a growth stage startup.
Volt’s Marketing Team is small(ish) but mighty! We are hard-working and collaborative. We are passionate about what we are building, and we all thrive in a fast-paced environment. We also have a deep love of fitness, dogs, and cats.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create high quality, compelling designs, elevating Volt’s brand and customer experience.
- Refine Volt's brand guidelines and ensure consistency across all touchpoints for both our B2B and B2C users.
- Present and articulate your design concepts in a clear and thoughtful way.
- Do all production designs for marketing collateral including website, email, video, ads, social, print, etc.
- Ensure all marketing design projects are completed on time and within the scope of the project.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Business Development, Product Design, and Developers.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and tools, providing thought leadership to the team.
- Have experience brand building and designing for both digital and print, and you are ready to bring your ideas to the table.
- 3-5 years of experience at an agency or in-house design team
- Strong creative portfolio demonstrating exceptional work that was impactful to an organization and drove an integrated brand experience
- Video production, HTML, and CSS experience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who can effectively prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of design principles and best practices required for various channels across digital and print
- Expertise in design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch)
- Strong understanding of fundamental visual design principles (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills; ability to clearly explain your design decisions and process to anyone in the company
- Startup experience preferred
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or related field
Nice to have, but not required:
- Passion for fitness and wellness
- Design experience with a fitness brand
- Design experience with mobile apps
- Proficient with the following software tools: Jira, Hubspot, Google docs/sheets/etc., Microsoft Office
To apply, please email Jessica Bultman at email@example.com with the subject line "Volt Athletic’s Visual Designer Application.” Please include a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio briefly describing why you will be a great addition to our team. We can’t wait to meet you!
Volt Athletics at a glance
Volt Athletics focuses on Mobile, Sports, Fitness, Governments, and Colleges. Their company has offices in Seattle. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Volt Athletics has raised $3.791M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.