Rising above traditional logistics solutions with autonomous aerial delivery
Software Engineer, Cross Platform Applications C++
Ready to change the world?
We are reinventing how products are delivered around the world by unlocking the path not yet traveled.
Our company was founded in 2015 and is backed by Silicon Valley’s most prominent VCs, including Lightspeed Venture Partners and YCombinator. Volansi provides fast on-demand aerial delivery service for time-critical shipments over long ranges. We build and operate long-range, high-payload drones for commercial, defense, and humanitarian applications. Leveraging drone technology as a transportation method, we help our customers gain control of their supply chain and save millions of dollars on downtime and inventory costs.
Our work came from the immediate need for critical delivery of parts to drastically reduce downtime for an automotive company. From this idea, our founders have scaled the company into a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals to serve critical delivery markets.
We are looking for Software Engineers, Cross-Platform Applications candidates who are self-motivated individuals with a burning desire to constantly push the known boundaries of technology to create the next generation of delivery platforms. This role is a part of the Research and Development Team at Volans-i and will report directly to the VP of Software Engineering.
What you will do:
- Work on customer-facing native applications to control and monitor large size, long range VTOL aircrafts in a cross platform environment (Windows, iOS, Android).
- Work hand-in-hand with the avionics team and the fleet management team to bridge the two worlds.
- Design, implement and integrate high-quality software - including UI/UX components.
- Troubleshoot software issues and fix issues.
- Perform requirements analysis and author high-level and detailed requirements.
- Write test specifications and integration tests.
- Author scripts and utilities.
- Proficiency in C++
- Solid understanding of MVC, concurrency, memory management and OOP concepts.
- Experience writing software on Windows.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with other native development environment.
- Experience with robots, drones or RC vehicles.
- Experience with ArduPlane, Ardupilot and/or PX4.
- Experience with Unit Testing, Integration Testing and/or CI/CD environments.
- Experience with Agile development environments.
- Systems view and detail-oriented, safety-oriented.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Practical experience working with safety critical systems with exposure to DO-178C or ISO 26262.
Volans-i at a glance
Volans-i focuses on Transportation, Aerospace, B2B Express Delivery, Content Delivery, and Drones. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Concord. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Volans-i has raised $25.12M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.