Rising above traditional logistics solutions with autonomous aerial delivery
Software Engineer, Full Stack$110k – $140k • 0.01% – 0.05%
Ready to change the world?
We are reinventing how products are delivered around the world by unlocking the path not yet traveled.
Our company was founded in 2015 and is backed by Silicon Valley’s most prominent VCs, including Lightspeed Venture Partners and YCombinator. Volansi provides fast on-demand aerial delivery service for time-critical shipments over long ranges. We build and operate long-range, high-payload drones for commercial, defense, and humanitarian applications. Leveraging drone technology as a transportation method, we help our customers gain control of their supply chain and save millions of dollars on downtime and inventory costs.
Our work came from the immediate need for critical delivery of parts to drastically reduce downtime for an automotive company. From this idea, our founders have scaled the company into a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals to serve critical delivery markets.
We are looking for Software Engineer, Full Stack candidates who are self-motivated individuals with a burning desire to constantly push the known boundaries of technology to create the next generation of delivery platforms. This role is a part of the Research and Development Team at Volans-i and will report directly to the VP of Software Engineering.
What you will do:
- Work on Web-based applications [fleet management system], services and data pipeline to support customers and internal staff’s operation of our large capacity and range VTOL aircrafts.
- Work hand-in-hand with the avionics team [fleet management system talking to systems that we have on the aircraft through the ground control.
- Design, implement, test, and integrate software on a cloud infrastructure to tackle this challenge.
- Design, implement, unit-test, and integrate high-quality software.
- Troubleshoot software issues and fix issues.
- Perform requirements analysis and author high-level and detailed requirements.
- Write test specifications and integration tests.
- Author scripts and utilities.
- Web-based Backend & Frontend experience
- Ruby/Rails 4+
- 3+ years experience
- Any Front End stack (React, Vue, etc)
- AWS experience
- Experience with robots, drones or RC vehicles
- Experience with ArduPlane, Ardupilot and/or PX4
- Experience with Unit Testing, Integration Testing and/or CI/CD environments.
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting language
- Experience with Agile development environments
- Systems view and detail-oriented, safety-oriented
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Practical experience working with safety critical systems with exposure to DO-178C or ISO 26262