Modernizing logistics with better data
Software Engineer, Full Stack$100k – $150k • 0.4% – 1.0%
About the Role
Note: This role is open to US-based, full-time applicants only.
As an early employee at Vizion, you'll be a key member in building our core product and have a strong voice in decision-making processes. You'll work across our entire stack (Typescript, Node, AWS, Postgres, React) to build backends & APIs as well as client-side apps — helping to accelerate the digital transformation of supply chain & logistics companies around the world.
Some of your projects will include:
- Designing and building new features & services to identify & triangulate vessels, real-time cost and transit times, systems to parse and classify large, unstructured datasets from a multitude of sources
- Maintaining and improving our core data pipelines
- Building customer-facing applications & UI features
- Building new accuracy measurement strategies & tools to support them
- Collaborating with our customers to create the best user experiences possible
- Design, build, and maintain user-facing experiences, APIs, services, and systems from end to end — always with the user in mind first.
- Participate in the product development cycle from start to finish — anything from scoping projects to measuring their success and planning iterations based on feedback.
- Conduct code reviews, communicate thoughtfully and effectively with colleagues
- Partner closely with customer success team to capture feedback & inform product development.
- Balance development speed and quality, with a focus on real, deliverable results.
- 3+ years of experience writing software with a strong engineering background
- Experience designing & maintaining backend services & systems, user-facing APIs at scale
- Front-end web development experience (React, Angular, Ember, etc) & strong knowledge of web fundamentals (HTML DOM, CSS, vanilla JS)
- Some DevOps experience (AWS, Docker, serverless architecture, etc.)
- Organized and self-sufficient, excited to collaborate directly with current and potential customers. A focus on customer feedback & product-driven development is required
- Healthcare - Full employee and generous dependent coverage for medical, dental, and vision
- Additional wellness benefits
- Flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation policy, paid holidays
- WFH / home office stipend
- All the hardware & tools you need to get things done