Smart Local Data for Smart Cities and Intelligent Transport
Electronic Systems Engineer£35k – £55k
At Vivacity, our goal is to make cities smarter. Our work reduces congestion by making traffic lights more intelligent, improves safety by spotting dangerous manoeuvres on the road, and supports autonomous vehicles & city management alike through real-time data.
To do this, we create cutting-edge products using machine learning, including sensors with on-board video analytics capabilities, and city-wide control and optimisation algorithms. We are currently rolling out thousands of sensors across the UK, and are seeking a passionate machine learning researcher to join our Smart Junctions team.
This is an exciting opportunity to take part in shaping the future of an energetic company dedicated to revolutionising the way our cities work while supporting the personal growth of every team member. On joining you can expect a warm welcome from a friendly team, with plenty of fun activities & a range of benefits.
As an electronic systems engineer in the sensor platform team you will be part of a team responsible for the development of the Vivacity AI sensor, and the systems that allow us to deploy cutting edge machine-learning algorithms in the real world.
As a member of the team, you’ll have an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and shape the direction of our current and future products.
Your day to day tasks will include:
- Leading the integration of new technologies and components into our existing GPU-accelerated sensor systems
- Leading the design and development of new hardware systems
- Hardware prototyping and debugging
- Designing and executing test procedures to evaluate the performance and suitability of various hardware components
- Gathering and documenting requirements from key stakeholders
- Engaging with new and existing suppliers
- Collaborating with the other teams within the company to support project deliverables
- Learning new libraries, tools, and processes
- An agile workflow of daily standups with fortnightly grooming, planning, and retrospective meetings
- 2-5 years’ experience in an electronic/electrical engineering, systems or control engineering, or similar role
- Good electronic prototyping skills and an enthusiasm for practical experimentation and problem solving
- Attention to detail and understanding of the need for quality documentation and process where appropriate
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Genuine passion for engineering and technology
- Enjoy working as part of a fast-moving, collaborative team
While not necessary, the following experience would substantially strengthen any application:
- Experience using or administering Linux operating systems
- Software engineering experience, eg embedded systems (C) or scripting languages (eg Python)
- Experience with certification and testing of electronic devices or systems (eg CE testing)
- Electronic design, schematic capture and PCB layout
- Mechanical design and CAD experience
- Experience with computer vision
Vivacity welcomes applications from all candidates and embraces diversity within our teams. If you are in any doubt as to whether you would be a good fit, please get in touch, or apply anyway and we will get back to you. We look forward to hearing from you!