Smart Local Data for Smart Cities and Intelligent Transport
Senior Marketing Manager£45k – £60k • 0.0% – 0.1%
We are still hiring despite the current pandemic. Our primary clients are governments, who are still purchasing sensors, extending networks, and using our data as a critical part of their fight against COVID-19. As such, please continue to apply & be part of a life-saving team!
At Vivacity, our goal is to make cities smarter. Our work reduces congestion by making traffic lights more intelligent, improves safety by spotting dangerous manoeuvres on the road, and supports autonomous vehicles & city management alike through real-time data.
To do this, we create cutting-edge products using machine learning, including sensors with on-board video analytics capabilities, and city-wide control and optimisation algorithms. We are currently rolling out thousands of sensors across the UK, and are seeking a senior marketing manager to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity to take part in shaping the future of an energetic company dedicated to revolutionising the way our cities work while supporting the personal growth of every team member. On joining you can expect a warm welcome from a friendly team, with plenty of fun activities & a range of benefits.
You will be founding Vivacity’s marketing function, as our first full-time hire in this field. You will shape the long-term direction of our public face, building a brand which appeals to customers, prospective employees, and investors alike. You would work closely with the Business Development Director and CEO, and alongside the Product Management, Sales, and Customer Success teams, as well as with selected Customers and Partners. Initially, the role would be focused on our UK presence, although will support international business over the next few years as the team grows around you.
• Leading development of the annual marketing activity strategy and associated budgets, with full ownership of the delivery on a day-to-day basis
• Driving the use of marketing as a key resource for Product Management, Sales and Customer Success, working alongside the teams to ensure the highest quality / impact of the output
• Production of a wide range of marketing communications materials and sales tools with both internal and external resources – including liaison with an external PR agency
• Organising and supporting our presence at events and exhibitions as required
• Working with selected partner companies to develop sales tools and value-add propositions to our existing products
• Managing the website and corporate social media channels day-to-day
• Managing all advertising, promotion and campaigns day-to-day
• Monitoring the efficiency of different marketing channels to inform future marketing investment
• At least 3 years’ experience working in B2G and B2B marketing, ideally within a software or technology setting
• A passion for Smart Cities or new technologies
• Strong copywriting skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in both verbal and written form
• Excellent project management, organisation and planning skills
• Self-starter with good problem-solving abilities
• Positive and friendly disposition and an enthusiastic approach to all activities undertaken
• Personable, presentable and articulate
• Good interpersonal skills allowing you to work closely with your colleagues and others
• Team player able to take on the breadth of responsibilities of a startup, and is adaptable to changing workloads and pressures
Additional experience in any of the below would be ideal but are not required:
• Startup experience
• Design skills & expertise with dedicated design applications
• Understanding of the transport ecosystem
• Understanding of how to sell to local government
Vivacity welcomes applications from all candidates and embraces diversity within our teams. If you are in any doubt as to whether you would be a good fit, please get in touch, or apply anyway and we will get back to you. We look forward to hearing from you!