Smart Local Data for Smart Cities and Intelligent Transport
Sensor Platform Developer£30k – £50k
At Vivacity, our goal is to revolutionise the infrastructure underpinning our transport networks. We create sensors with onboard video analytics capabilities to provide a deep insight into how pedestrians, cyclists & drivers are using the road; predictive tools to forecast congestion build up; and more intelligent traffic lights that can prioritise cyclists and minimise pollution.
Currently rolling out our technologies in cities across the UK and abroad, we are now seeking a passionate full-stack developer to join our software teams. You would be helping us build the backbone to our sensor networks - the systems which do everything from managing, configuring and monitoring the sensors through to running the computer vision pipelines providing our core datasets.
On joining, you can expect a warm welcome, a friendly team and the opportunity to shape the future of our business. In addition, we offer flexible working policies, and benefits package that includes gym discount, personal training budget, annual company 3-day conference and a regular series of fun evening events.
About the Role
- Work in a small, cross-disciplinary team, taking ownership of products and features.
- Build products that form critical parts of managing our sensor networks, from centralised management and configuration systems to extending our core computer vision software.
- Work on improving our current data pipelines as well as planning & implementing new features for both our core product and custom client needs.
- Lear to code better through the support of extensive code review, CI, pair programming and comprehensive testing.
- Opportunity to work with the latest tech stacks, including Kafka, Kubernetes & Timescale, in addition to exciting new languages such as Go.
- Enjoy a flexible working schedule; work from our cosy office in North London (Kentish Town), or from home when you prefer (& at home in Lockdown!)
- Take part in regular pub trips, games nights, clay nights, rock climbing and other fun events.
- Have 1+ years of experience in programming in Go, Python, C++ or similar, ideally including commercial software development experience.
- Awareness and knowledge of common devOps practices.
- Are excited about creating solutions for smarter cities.
- Enjoy learning and picking up new technologies, frameworks and skills.
- Like brainstorming and collaboratively solving open problems.
- Are interested in educating your peers and helping the team improve.
- Ideally have experience working with of the below: - SQL Databases - CI (i.e. Jenkins, Terraform Kubernetes, Docker, Vault) - Video frameworks (e.g. gstreamer) - Kafka - Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)