Fuel your TransfoHRmation
Senior Product Marketing Manager
At Visier we are reinventing Applied Business Analytics solutions that work “out-of-the-box” for our customers. A market leader in People Analytics and Workforce Intelligence, Visier is a software maker of analytics purpose-built for people.
Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, this person will champion the Visier technology platform to bring the positioning and messaging to life. Working closely with field marketing, sales, product management, customers and partners; this is an excellent opportunity for a “roll up the sleeves” individual to join the fast-paced world of analytics. In this role you will connect the buyer’s journey with our product strategy to drive sales and marketing success to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and run product launches. You will know the market and competitors like the back of your hand. You will own the buyer’s journey and have a deep understanding of how customers make buying decisions. You will understand market dynamics to create positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.You will collaborate closely with our marketing team to develop and innovative programs which differentiate us in the market and drive demand. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t and to make decisions and drive actions based on intelligence.
What You'll Be Doing....
- Be the expert on the market, competition and how we differentiate
- Develop and evangelize inspiring product positioning, messaging, and value proposition that differentiates and drives demand for our new and disruptive solutions
- Build compelling content that excites, inspires, and compels market adoption
- Own and define targeted buyer journey’s
- Work closely with field sales and partners to support enablement
- Work with a cross-functional team to launch new products and releases
- Collaborate on the use of Social Media and PR to drive awareness and demand, and foster customer communities
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Act as a thought leader, including speaking engagements and written works
- Engage with industry analysts and influencers to create favorable mindshare and establish thought leadership
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it
What You'll Bring to the Table....
- 5+ years product marketing experience, in a B2B technology/software environment
- BA/BS degree in a technical, business, or marketing field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience marketing cloud software to business buyers
- Experience in analytics, planning, or human capital management
- Strong portfolio demonstrating writing, thought leadership, and content marketing experience
- Experience developing messaging and positioning
- Experience in a startup or emerging growth technology company delivering disruptive solutions to Fortune 2000 companies an asset
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is or isn’t working
- Strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large groups
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Asana, and Google Apps
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo
- Some travel required
Visier at a glance
Visier focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in San Jose and Vancouver. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Visier has raised $91.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2017.