Fuel your TransfoHRmation
Senior Software Test Developer
Visier is looking to hire a Senior Software Test Developer to join our software development team.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced engineer who is passionate about testing software and the quality of our products. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in analytics, strong problem-solving skills, proven experience writing automation tests that satisfy needs in different scenarios, multiple testing activities including but not limited to functional, regression and automated testing, and the ability to drive/lead the testing effort within the team.
What you'll be doing...
- Write automated tests using Selenium, Gatling/JMeter, ScalaTest, or other test frameworks to identify software problems, maintain test automation framework and scripts for backend, frontend and mobile apps
- Define test strategy and continuously improve the competency and efficiency of the automated test framework
- Coordinate and participate in feature requirements review for testability, including writing and review of automation and manual test plans
- Work closely with developers to assist in debugging, testing, and development of tools to help identify defects
- Available to help troubleshoot critical customer issues, including reproducing issues, analyzing application logs, or clarifying intended feature functionality
- Perform automated and manual testing, including regression testing for each release cycle to ensure software meets business and security requirements
- Coach Junior members on the team and provide technical guidance and support, lead by examples
What you'll bring to the table...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ years of Experience as a SoftwareTest Developer
- Proven work experience in testing and strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with using Selenium, Appium, and REST API test framework like JMeter or Gatling; ScalaTest is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Self-starter and quick learner with excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Deep commitment and passion for maintaining quality, sense of urgency on meeting the release deadlines
Visier at a glance
Visier focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in San Jose and Vancouver. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Visier has raised $91.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2017.