AI powered Investment Management and Intelligence for Financial Advisors
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend$175k – $200k
Vise is an artificial intelligence-driven asset management platform, built and designed specifically for the Financial Advisor of the future. We are transforming the financial industry by bringing the power of AI and machine learning to automate investment management for financial advisors and build fully customized portfolios backed by portfolio intelligence. Located in New York, we are a well-funded Series A stage startup, backed by Sequoia, Founders Fund and Bling Capital. We are working in one of the largest industries in the world, with customers who are hungry for modern tools and technology that will help them win. Come join us!
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will have the ability to leverage existing knowledge about modern front-end frameworks to build a platform that displays and visualizes data as well as construct the UX for the system. You will have the ability to shape the design and structure of the product that will have a major impact on the team.
What you will own
- Partner with our product & design team to design the user flows and features
- Design and implement new UI features
- Work with the data team to better display and visualize data to the RIAs
- Work with the backend team to improve the API designs and implementations
What you will bring on Day 1
- 5+ years experience working as a software engineer building highly performant web apps from concept to production
- Using React on a regular basis in your work environment currently
- Have hands on experience with designing and building modern UI architecture at scale
- Working knowledge to expert level in Node and Typescript
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with great problem solving abilities
These would be great to have, but we’re sure you can learn this on the job here
- Financial background or previous work with financial data
- Experience with visualization libraries like D3, ChartJS, Highcharts, and others
- Programming in Typescript and using Redux frameworks
Our stack: Postgres, Express, TypeScript, React, Redux, Node, AWS, and Python (backend)
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Vise at a glance
Vise focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Artificial Intelligence, Wealth Management, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Vise has raised $16.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.