AI powered Investment Management and Intelligence for Financial Advisors
Financial Software Engineer$150k – $175k
Vise is an artificial intelligence-driven asset management platform, built and designed specifically for the Financial Advisor of the future. We are transforming the financial industry by bringing the power of AI and machine learning to automate investment management for financial advisors and build fully customized portfolios backed by portfolio intelligence. Located in New York, we are a well-funded Series A stage startup, backed by Sequoia, Founders Fund and Bling Capital. We are working in one of the largest industries in the world, with customers who are hungry for modern tools and technology that will help them win. Come join us!
We are seeking experienced software / research engineers to help us build a new future for wealth management. As a Financial Software Engineer on the quant team, you will be responsible for building the technology and data infrastructure that powers our Quant team. You should have a passion and opinions for building tools that empower researchers and experience designing these types of systems.
What you will own
- Improving the performance and reliability of our signal research, historical simulation, portfolio construction, and optimization platforms
- Working in collaboration with quantitative researchers to translate their needs into scalable, standardized solutions
- Developing and executing pipelines for onboarding new data sources for ingestion in research and production
What you will bring on Day 1
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, math, financial engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, with Python as a primary language
- Familiarity and work experience with Python scientific computing packages like numpy, scipy, pandas, etc.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with great problem solving abilities
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills and an interest in working at the intersection of research and software engineering
These would be great to have, but we’re sure you can learn this on the job here
- Previous industry work experience with messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- A strong interest in math
Our stack: Python, Postgres, Express, TypeScript, Node, React, Redux, and AWS
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Vise at a glance
Vise focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Artificial Intelligence, Wealth Management, and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Vise has raised $16.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.