Working with a variety of high-level clients from different emerging industries
Intermediate Infrastructure Software Developer$65k – $80k
Scrawlr is looking for a full-time Intermediate Infrastructure Software Developer in our downtown Vancouver office.
The position is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to get involved in an early stage but well-structured start-up. It is a good fit for someone who likes new challenges and dynamic work culture.
$65k - 80k per annum
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a dev agency or company environments
- In-depth knowledge of Linux systems (specifically Ubuntu/Apline)
- Experience with core areas of AWS services
- Creating and managing IaC (Infrastructure as code) with emphases on Terraform scripting and management of multiple systems across stratified environments
- Container tools experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Redis implementation and management with exposure to scaling/sharding, high-availability structures, large-volume data persistency lifecycles, Streams and scripting
- Experience with building and managing large scale Postgres instances/clusters as well as substantial exposure to PL/pgSQL
- Proficiency in Linux and shell scripting (Bash 5.x) as well as experience with Python, Node, Golang
- Experience working with modern frameworks such as VueJS, NestJS, Laravel/Lumen
- Experience building and maintaining customised CI workflows using CircleCI or similar services
- Solid analytical and problem-solving mindset combined with experience troubleshooting large scale systems
- GitHub profile with sample projects you would like to showcase
Nice to have
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Substantial experience with Rust/Node.js programming languages and ecosystems
- Solid understanding of building scalable, high performing systems and services
- Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and data personalisation
- Experience using configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Experience with incident response services and workflows (PagerDuty or similar)
- Good working knowledge of API/microservices authentication/security flows (JWT, OAuth and similar)
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we'd love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all of the qualifications outlined above. The tools, technology, and methodologies are constantly evolving. We value talent and interest over specific experiences.
Please note: Candidates must be currently authorised to work in Canada and available for in-person interviews at our offices in downtown Vancouver (appropriate concession are made to accommodate the ongoing COVID-19 health emergency).
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.