Investing in Mixed Reality (AR, VR, 3D, Computer Vision)
Event Organizer Intern$1k – $2k • No equity
Job Title: Event Organizer Intern
Location: London (No remote)
Department: Marketing Department
- Don Stein, CEO (https://www.linkedin.com/in/donstein).
- Don previously started a venture-capital fund in San Francisco, California. He’s hosted 50 events, invested in 30 startups, and has raised millions of dollars for multiple companies he has co-founded.
Teooh is a high-growth venture backed startup built in Silicon Valley. Teooh is poised to become one of the fastest growing and most unique companies in the world thanks to a world class team of entrepreneurs, developers, and investors. Our team values giving full autonomy to each employee to complete their responsibilities, this means you will take full ownership over your division of the company and are expected to deliver high quality results as we continue to become an iconic startup company.
The most important factor when building a startup in 2020 is to build a strong community. The best way to create a passionate community is to organize events and provide them a platform to socialize and meet each other. We are looking for someone who has the ability to create an event company internally, we are calling this initiative Teooh Talks (similar concept to TED Talks). On a daily basis you’ll be expected to think of event concepts, work with our CEO to get in contact with important people who can sit on stage and give presentations. You’ll then promote the event and gain 150 RSVP’s from bloggers, influencers, potential customers, and other perfect people who are interested to attend. You’ll be organizing events, scheduling the agenda, working with speakers to help them prepare, and you’ll be inviting people to the event. On the day of the event, you’re expected to be there and ensure it runs smoothly.
- Host a monthly event of up to 100 attendees
- Interview important people on stage
- Promote each event and acquire 150+ RSVP’s
- Plan content for each event
- Organize and execute a timely agenda for the event
- Event management: You’ll be solely responsible for the success of the events your organize and host
- Managing people: You’ll be expected to organize hundreds of people to ensure they enjoy the event
- Event moderating: You’ll learn the skills and confidence to speak in front of a room of people
- Social: You’ll be talking to hundreds of people each month, and this requires someone who’s charming
- Organizing RSVP’s (HubSpot, EventBrite, Meetup)
- Selling Tickets (EventBrite, Meetup, Facebook)
- Event Management (Control the event, Manage volunteers)
- Event Organizing (Landing pages, Speaker preparation)
- Motivated to become a CMO, CEO, or Event Lead
Teooh is a venture-backed startup founded in Silicon Valley, but now operated in London. Teooh has acquired a world-class group of investors like General Catalyst, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Betaworks, and many other notable Silicon Valley based Venture Capitalists. The Teooh mission is to remove physical barriers from attending events and meeting the right people, bringing people all across the world closer together.
Teooh is a virtual reality company where brands use Teooh Venue’s to host online events. Organizers schedule and plan their event using custom software, plus invite attendee’s using a unique RSVP system. Attendees arrive to the virtual venue as an avatar, and then control their character similar to a video game. Each attendee has the opportunity to customize their avatar character, and can then attend different panels, speeches, and socialize just like at a real-life event.
Meet your team
Candela Partners at a glance
Candela Partners focuses on Augmented Reality, Computer Vision, 3D Technology, and Virtual Reality. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.