The world’s leading music video and entertainment platform
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Vevo is the world’s largest all-premium music video provider, offering artists a global platform with enormous scale through its distribution partners. Vevo connects artists with their audience globally via music videos and original content, working directly with them to find unique ways to bring their music to life visually. Vevo also works with emerging artists, providing them with a platform of global scale and reach, to find and grow their audience. Reaching 26 billion monthly views globally, Vevo has over 450,000 music videos in its catalogue.
Vevo is looking for a Senior Manager to join the Global Communications team, specializing in corporate communications. With a focus on the business and advertising press, this role will be responsible for expanding the company’s presence and reputation among key trade titles. Reporting to the Head of Communications this role will continue to establish Vevo as the leading music video platform in the press. This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York.
As a member of our team you will:
- Manage B2B and trade press relationships
- Bring established relationships / industry connections and establish and grow new partnerships to best position Vevo in the B2B press marketplace
- Conduct press outreach on behalf of Vevo to maintain a consistent media presence and identify appropriate press opportunities
- Write and service press releases
- Use knowledge of industry trends to strategically steer communications approach
- Develop and maintain top tier media relationships
- Brief and support Vevo executives in B2B media interviews
- Prepare briefing documents in advance of all media meetings and interviews
- Maintain and manage a calendar for timely news, company milestones and official announcements
- Manage B2B conference and trade engagements for the company in partnership with sales marketing
- Assist in the management of US and UK agency
- Attend and/or facilitate all media meetings and interviews
This describes you:
- You have exemplary press contacts in New York across business and advertising/tv trade publications
- You have press contacts in LA
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- You are proactive and take initiative
- You work with an integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels
- Communicates effectively and strategically with the wider organization and partners
- Experience building relationships with reporters and influencers
- Proven drafting and writing experience
- Experience working with senior executives
- 10+ years of relevant experience in B2b corporate communications roles
- Strong media connections in New York
- Experience working with global connected television partners
- Experience working on trade marketing campaigns
- Experience working with global public relations agencies
- Ability to work in a true team environment
Interested? Great! You might like to know:
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live Vevo-produced musical performances
- We offer a 401k match
- Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
We have a fully stocked kitchen
We offer plenty of training opportunities
We love to give away concert tickets to live music - not to mention live, vevo-produced musical performances
We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team.
We really enjoy music and technology.
We have excellent compensation and benefits packages.
We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content.
We have in-office and external happy hours