Data security and privacy redefined
As an Account Executive at VGS, you will develop relationships with new prospective customers and channel partners. You are willing and able to engage in business-level conversations across the customer's organization, from the CTO, COO, CISO, CEO level all the way to talking with Sales or Engineering. You have experience working with startups as well as SMBs and are excited by the opportunity to develop and manage the full sales cycle. You have some technical knowledge and are adept at building and leveraging a deep understanding of software products to effectively articulate to new customers how we help them succeed. Most importantly, you enjoy building new companies and want to take an active role in helping us grow.
What you get to do every day:
- Collaborate closely with management to plan and implement a strategic outreach plan
- Develop and implement best practices for growing VGS's customer base and strategic partnerships
- Create new business by aggressively finding, qualifying, and closing leads
- Identify and capitalize on up-sell and cross-sale opportunities
- Interface and nurture leads through various outbound channels including: phone, email, social media
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to drive product and business strategy
What you bring to the role:
- BS/BA and a MINIMUM of 3+ years experience in Sales or Business Development role
- Experience managing in-bound sales
- Exceptional ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Desire to help build a world-class sales organization
- Willingness to take ownership and execute
- Comfortable with selling a technical product to a technical audience
- Able to work and develop relationships with upper management and engineering
- Strong communication skills and excellent organizational ability
- Thoughtful and decisive judgement with the ability to work well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Prior Business Development experience in Fintech and/or in Data Security is desired
- Prior experience at an emerging SaaS or Software entity
- Technical expertise is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible time off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 company paid holidays
- Annual employee retreat
At Very Good Security we value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
Very Good Security (VGS) is building a modern approach to data security, compliance and privacy. VGS completely de-scopes clients from needing to hold sensitive data themselves, while still allowing them to get the full benefit of using & operating on any kind of sensitive data (payments, PII, access credentials, etc.). Beyond simply tokenizing any data type and format, VGS facilitates the secure exchange of data with approved endpoints. Additionally, with VGS, customers can manage how third parties interact with sensitive customer data without worrying about data breaches. Customers get the full use of their data, but they are not required to maintain a secure data environment themselves. (this is analogous to how companies use AWS or Google Cloud to run their business operations without needing to maintain the actual data centers themselves). A major benefit to using VGS is that companies are able to offload liability while fast-tracking compliance certifications, including PCI, SOC2, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA and more.
Very Good Security at a glance
Very Good Security focuses on Security, Payments, Data Security, Finance Technology, and Software Compliance. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Very Good Security has raised $44.93M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2019.