The Sonic Truth
Data Scientist$80k – $130k • 0.01% – 0.25%
Veritonic is looking for a data scientist to join our team. In this role, you will be working closely with our technology, product, and client success teams, applying cutting-edge machine learning techniques to solve critical business problems and create value for our clients.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research, develop and apply Music Information Retrieval (MIR), Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms for identifying, categorizing and understanding and predicting responses to ads and audio
- Collaborate with Product and Client Success teams to identify high-value insights for the Veritonic platform to focus on
- Analyze, understand, and explore proprietary, second-by-second, human response data for thousands of audio assets
- Develop machine assisted/automated systems for key business initiatives.
What We Want To See:
- Experience with open source and proprietary data science, statistical and machine learning tools
- High degree of familiarity with state-of-the-art in MIR, audio analysis and digital signal processing
- Strong analysis skills, including experience with statistics and scientific/mathematical software analysis tools
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, including outstanding presentation skills
- Comfortable working with a variety of seniority levels
- Demonstrated drive to go above and beyond!
Who You Are:
- Excited about working in a lean startup environment, diving in and learning in a fast-paced organization
- Thrives on finding efficient solutions to ambiguous problems
- Collaborative team player who can also work with minimal direction
Veritonic at a glance
Veritonic focuses on Audio, Testing, Marketing, and Multimedia. Their company has offices in New York City and Newark. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Veritonic has raised $4.02M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2018.