Excellent legal guidance for diverse founders and funders
Mid-Level Corporate Startup Associate$160k – $190k • No equity
Position: Mid-Level Corporate Startup/VC Associate
Company: Venturous Counsel, a mission-driven law firm
Offering: Full-time employee
Seeking a Full-time Associate to join a uniquely mission-driven law firm in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The playing field is not equal for diverse founders and fund managers in Silicon Valley. The goal of Venturous Counsel is to provide seasoned and practical corporate/commercial advice exclusively to companies and fund managers who value diversity and inclusion, focusing in particular on women and people of color. We need more in the startup space, and they are exactly who will most benefit from the guidance of experienced and mindful outside general counsel.
Come build something that matters.
• Desire to address inequities in the startup/VC system
• JD from an accredited law school
• Licensed to practice law in California
• 3-6 years of experience working for high-growth businesses and active investors (incorporations, financings, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters) in the San Francisco Bay Area
• Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Self-motivated with an ownership mentality over client relationships: you need to want to wow your clients.
· Mentoring. You will be trained and mentored by the founder, Aravinda Seshadri, who has 15 years of experience providing outside GC advice to early stage startups and funds. She helped found the law firm Silicon Legal Strategy, and has worked with top tier clients and investors, such as Lyft, TaskRabbit, Tally, Rakuten and Felicis Ventures. You will receive general counsel training, including on commercial contracts. More importantly, you’ll receive guidance on the nuances and soft skills that will allow you to build trust and create a personal brand.
· Be a Startup. You will be working in a business at the ground level as it scales – it will inform the way you counsel your own startup clients in a tangible and beneficial way.
· Work from Home in a Remote Workspace. Venturous Counsel has been built to enable remote work, using technologies such as videoconference, messaging and task management platforms to efficiently connect and engage, while minimizing travel time and environmental impacts.
· Make a Difference. Provide service in a way that aligns with your values and motivations – I can promise you, it makes all the difference in living a happy, fulfilling life.
If you are interested, please apply at https://forms.gle/63qnbtfj3ZdPPiP46 and attach your resume and a deal sheet.
Venturous Counsel is an equal opportunity employer.