Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Release Manager - Applications & Infrastructure
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Are you passionate about working as part of a software engineering team with the talent, energy, and financial backing to deliver industry-changing cloud-based applications? Do you live for the challenges of a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup that cranks out major releases every four months?
If so, we may have the job for you. We are looking for an experienced and energetic Release Program Manager. You will be directly responsible for driving release engineering activities for our Vault product(s), working closely with our cross-functional product teams located in Pleasanton, CA, Toronto, Canada, and UK offices. Veeva Vault is the fastest-growing product in the Veeva Suite of products used in the Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences industry and we strive to deliver customer success with each new release.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally to help facilitate the delivery of our best in breed products from our engineers to our customers.
- Work with Infrastructure and Technical operations teams to seamlessly deliver infrastructure changes to production
- Ownership of rolling out platform releases to applications teams
- Collect feedback, drive process improvements, and help us get better at delivering products over time
- Help organize Vault Platform release engineering team around key initiatives
- 8+ years of experience in Release Engineering, Technical Program Management or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working cross-functionally to drive product releases across multiple applications, regions, and technologies stacks
- Strong understanding of SDLC including CI/ CD, Branching, Release Management
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience supporting multiple products in a fast-paced environment with sometimes competing priorities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Be very comfortable engaging in technical discussions with engineering/ technical operations and being comfortable hands-on when needed.
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Kibana & source control tool (like GIT)
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the Health Sciences and Lifecare industry
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms, shell, or other scripting languages
- Experience in a product-based environment
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.