Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Senior Product Manager - Platform (Remote)
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The Senior Product Manager for Nitro Platform is a critical position responsible for Nitro’s prebuilt integrations to external data/applications as well as Nitro’s data processing architecture. You will need to hit the ground running, be comfortable in front of customers and technical audiences. work closely with sales, consulting, and engineering to construct product roadmaps and define detailed product specifications. To be successful you must be able to ‘go broad and go deep’ - think strategically to define your vision, and then craft detailed designs and effectively communicate with your Engineering, QA, and UX peers.
What You'll Do
- Define and evolve the picture of success for the Nitro Platform and all that it entails.
- Define and deliver new, robust integrations to external systems and data sources
- Own and advance the Nitro data pipeline framework in the areas of procedural data processing and machine learning.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning product, design, development, QA, marketing, sales, and support.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills – able to clearly and simply express complex ideas to business leaders, IT professionals, and engineering.
- Manage customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Be able to understand the breadth of the Veeva Nitro product line and how customers use it, as well as technical details especially in owned areas.
- Experience in designing big data pipelines and enrichment strategies
- Experience in designing robust API-level integrations with external, third-party applications and services
- Embrace a fast-paced, dynamic environment that comes with being part of a new product team
- Be comfortable with technical topics in the data warehousing space and be able to do productive research in areas that are unfamiliar
- Keep user experience top of mind when designing features, while at the same time understand the technology stack so that features are aptly designed and well thought through.
- Drive execution with a cross-functional team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
- 4+ years of product management experience or relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Nice to Have
- Experience with best of breed business intelligence tools
- Experience as a technical product manager or equivalent
- An eye for visual design and user experience design
- An understanding in the area of data management, Big Data analytics, data warehousing, and/or cloud technologies
- Prior work in software development, or computer science degree
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.