Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is looking for a highly motivated, passionate, detail-oriented Release Engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality.
This person will work on the QA/Release Engineering team, which utilizes modern technologies and best practices to deliver seamless releases to all our customers. This is an exciting time joining this fast-paced group.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with CDMS Engineering, Product Managers, Technical Operations and Validation to support the existing release and change management process
- Execute and manage deployment activities for each sprint
- Facilitate resolution of deployment problems with Development, Quality Assurance, and Technical Operations
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement software release process improvements to maximize efficiency
- Create and maintain Advanced Release Dashboards using JIRA and Confluence
- 4+ years of solid, hands-on work experience, including software development and release engineer activities.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in release engineering for an organization with large and complex applications
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with other Engineering and Technical Operations teams
- Flexibility and adaptability towards changes in assignments and work schedules
- Solid experienced in the use of JIRA and Confluence on a daily basis. Ability to create advanced JIRA dashboards and Agile dashboards.
- Experience using Jira JQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in Agile software development project management
- Strong Knowledge of Software QA methodologies, tools and approaches in a software company with short release cycles
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics or Computer Science/Applications or similar field
Nice to Have
- Experience with working in a SaaS company is a plus
- Full-Time experience in Release Engineering, DevOps, or Software Automation
- Proficient with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with source code version control systems such as Git
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.