Industry Cloud for Life Sciences
Technical Product Manager - Safety
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is looking for a savvy Technical Product Manager to join the Vault Safety team. We’re looking for a high energy, passionate individual with a deep technical background who is eager to drive product advancement and innovation. In this role, you will be responsible for creating game changing pharmacovigilance (drug safety) features and continuing Veeva’s success as the leading provider in cloud-based technology for Life Sciences. Your work will improve the lives of millions.
Your keen attention to detail will shine as you create new, more powerful, and performant methods to process and distribute adverse event reports. To be successful you must be able to ‘go broad and go deep’ - think strategically to define your vision, craft detailed designs and effectively communicate with your peers.
If you have a passion for creating world-class products and enjoy solving complex problems with simple, elegant solutions, you may be a good fit for this position.
What You'll Do
- Be a product evangelist. Become a subject matter expert for internal audiences and external customers.
- Be hands-on. Design, Prototype, Configure - validate solutions rapidly to ensure we solve the right problems, in the right order.
- Be a storyteller. Author & design high quality specifications and communicate specific, actionable requirements to your engineering teammates.
- Be a leader. Look for opportunities to innovate, keep up with the latest software, pharmaceutical industry trends and distill them into product requirements.
- Be an owner. Cultivate the technical roadmap, collaborate closely with cross-functional teams.
- Be agile. Design, implement, iterate.
- Take pride in your work.
- 2-3 years in a software development/architect, technical product management or technical consulting role
- 4+ years of professional work experience in agile software development environments
- Demonstrated skills in design, product development, and planning
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, with little direct supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively explain complex problems and advocate technical solutions to Engineering and customers
- Degree in computer science or engineering
- Strong in SQL, XML and JSON
- Must be based in the GTA and available to work out of our office in downtown Toronto
Nice to Have
- Experience with Life Sciences, Pharmacovigilance (Drug Safety), Regulatory or eClinical products
- Experience working on SaaS enterprise applications or content management systems
- Experience with API and data exchange schemas
- Experience with data migration
- Experience with Search matching algorithms and heuristics
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Mobile
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in Toronto, Barcelona, Pleasanton, Tokyo, and Neuilly-sur-Seine. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.