Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Director - Technical Writing
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva CRM is looking for a Technical Writing Director to come lead a team of writers in delivering best-in-class software and process documentation for a nationally-renowned software company. In this role, you will dig deep into product features and processes and decouple these technical solutions into digestible, easy to understand language that anyone can understand. You are also a key advocate for our users – delivering exactly the right content they need and anticipating any language that would likely confuse them.
What You'll Do
- Lead and support team to create clear, accurate, best-in-class documentation that enables customers to configure, use, and scale.
- Assimilate and organize a large amount of information into targeted topics and features that customers can easily find and apply.
- Improve accuracy, consistency, and quality of existing documentation.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to ensure that the documentation is valuable to the intended audience.
- Scope and prioritize needs across products and departments
- Ensure that documentation consistently aligns with corporate branding, user interface texts, product training, and other information assets across the organization.
- Collaborate with other teams and coordinate the delivery of shared content.
- Apply team standards and processes for writing documentation and publishing and distribution strategies.
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, a related field, or relevant professional experience
- 8+ years of technical writing experience for an enterprise software company
- Proven experience designing, planning, and delivering content solutions that meet the needs of customers
- Experience documenting complex software systems with cross-product or cross-service content
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience with authoring environments that use XML, HTML, Markdown, screen captures, Flare, etc.
- Writing samples that showcase your ability to write for a technical audience.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience working in an agile programming environment
- Experience writing for system administrator audiences.
- Experience with enterprise software on multiple platforms such as iOS, Web, Windows, and Android.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.