Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Principal Software Engineer
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems.
- Use a pragmatic Test Driven Development approach to developing high quality software that doesn't need to be assured by a QA team before it's deployed to production.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance.
- 8+ years of software experience
- Extensive experience with Solr and Lucene
- Extensive experience developing enterprise software in Java
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Mockito, Log4J, AspectJ, Tomcat, JMS, Linux)
- Deep expertise in object-oriented design and implementation
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.