Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Senior Software Engineer - Java/React - Boston Hub
Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product. You should live within one timezone of your product hub. Our current product hubs are Pleasanton, Columbus, Boston, NYC, Raleigh, and Toronto.
We are hiring Sr. Software Engineers to build our newest product line, MyVeeva. Announced in May 2020, MyVeeva enables patients, doctors, and clinical research coordinators to collaborate remotely, with advanced audio and video capabilities, and reduce the need for in-person visits. This product will change the face of clinical trials; making it more convenient and safe for patients to participate around the globe.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on this team, you will develop intuitive and innovative products that focus on helping patients and research sites through the clinical trial process. This is an incredible opportunity to work on a product that has a profound impact on the world and the speed in which critical treatments, vaccines, and medicine get into the hands of patients that need them.
What You’ll Do
- Build a new product suite from scratch for both web and mobile devices
- Develop technology for end-users that have varying degrees of experience with technology. It
- must be easy-to-use.
- Utilize cloud-based services and API’s to provide a seamless experience for patients and
- research sites.
- Engage with cross-functional partners to deliver cutting-edge solutions for our customers that
- deliver immediate value
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering experience in consumer and/or enterprise software
- Experience in designing and developing scalable services using Java
- Experience with relational databases, document databases and/or key-value stores
- Experience building distributed systems using a service-based architecture using micro and macro services
- Experience deploying solutions to AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience working in an agile development process
Nice to Have
- Experience with patient-facing or clinical trial or life sciences software, and/or HIPAA
- Experience with SpringBoot
- Experience with React
- Exposure to GraphQL and gRPC
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.