Enterprise cloud software for life sciences
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Pleasanton Hub
Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product. You should live within one timezone of your product hub. Our current product hubs are Pleasanton, Columbus, Boston, NYC, Raleigh, and Toronto.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that has a solid foundation in Machine Learning to join our team. We are building a leading-edge robust suite of Cloud Artificial Intelligence capabilities to accommodate multiple use cases analyzing customer data, providing insights, and streamlining business processes. These AI services will be used by enterprise pharmaceutical and biotech companies with the potential to revolutionize the Life Sciences industry.
What You'll Do
- Develop highly scalable systems, algorithms, and tools to support machine learning solutions
- Develop, integrate, and optimize end-to-end AI pipelines
- Partner with data science and domain engineering teams to support the business requirements
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle, from design to implementation
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other developers and peers
- 3+ years of hands-on professional Machine Learning and Python experience
- 5+ years of server-side programming experience in Java
- Solid background in Machine Learning and related fields (the equivalent of B.S. degree or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Machine Learning, Statistics, Data Science, or related engineering fields).
- Hands-on experience with one or more ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, MXNet, Scikit-Learn
- Strong engineering and coding skills, with the ability to write high-performance production code
- Strong collaboration skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- In-depth knowledge of deep neural networks, classification techniques, and natural language processing
- Hands-on experience with Docker/Kubernetes or other container platforms
- Experience with AWS (S3, Elastic Beanstalk, EKS, Sagemaker, ELK, etc) or similar cloud services
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva Systems at a glance
Veeva Systems focuses on Biotechnology, Enterprise Software, Pharmaceuticals, CRM, and Cloud Management. Their company has offices in New York City, Boston, Columbus, Toronto, and Barcelona. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.